DYNAMIC INTERACTIONS SIMULATOR
Accurate time-dependent finite element modeling of structures, multibody systems, and fluid flow.
DIS is a general purpose explicit time integration finite element code. The following modeling techniques are seemlessly integrated into DIS:
- Rigid multibody dynamics.
- Lagrangian finite elements for modeling solids, including thin beam, shell, spatial beam, brick and tetrahedral elements.
- Arbritary lagrangian-eulerian finite elements for modeling compressible and incompressible fluids. A volume of fluid method is used to model free surfaces.
- Discrete element method for modeling granular materials.
- Smoothed particle hydrodynamics for modeling fluids.
- Two way coupled fluid structure interaction.